Can you build muscle and lose weight at the same time? Find out more from an expert nutritionist.
Richie Kirwan – an expert nutritionist – is going to talk about how the body changes when the goal is to build muscle while losing fat. Otherwise known as body recomposition. We’ll talk about what conditions are needed for body recomp. Richie will talk about some practical points people can apply to give themselves the best champ of efficiently body recomping.
If this is your goal, give this a watch and let us know how you get on.
00:00 – Introduction
00:49 – Is it possible?
04:16 – Body recomp with less body fat?
06:39 – Lose weight on a calorie surplus
09:04 – How to successfully body recomp
10:26 – Bulking and cutting
11:35 – Any more questions on body recomp?
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MyproteinUK?sub_confirmation=1
If you like this, you’ll love this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i3BXM0Y518&list=PLkb17OgnhB-E3HuYJuEacRqMjrokvPxpI&index=10&t=4s
Find more nutritionist advice here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkb17OgnhB-E3HuYJuEacRqMjrokvPxpI
Download the Myprotein App: https://bit.ly/3dhVVUE
#LoseWeight #BuildMuscle #Myprotein
How To Build Muscle And Lose Body Fat At The Same Time | Nutritionist Explains… | Myprotein
Official YouTube channel for Europe’s No. 1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand, Myprotein.
Stay tuned for brand new videos every single week that help to inspire and motivate you to keep pushing further on your fitness journey. From challenging workouts to evidence-based nutrition videos — we’ve got it all.
1. Trexler ET, Smith-Ryan AE, Norton LE. Metabolic adaptation to weight loss: implications for the athlete. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2014;11(1):7.
2. Schoenfeld BJ, Alto A, Grgic J, Tinsley G, Haun CT, Campbell BI, et al. Alterations in Body Composition, Resting Metabolic Rate, Muscular Strength, and Eating Behavior in Response to Natural Bodybuilding Competition Preparation: A Case Study. Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2020;34(11):3124-38.
3. Staron RS, Leonardi MJ, Karapondo DL, Malicky ES, Falkel JE, Hagerman FC, et al. Strength and skeletal muscle adaptations in heavy-resistance-trained women after detraining and retraining. Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md : 1985). 1991;70(2):631-40.
4. Zemski AJ, Keating SE, Broad EM, Marsh DJ, Hind K, Slater GJ. Preseason Body Composition Adaptations in Elite White and Polynesian Rugby Union Athletes. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2019;29(1):9-17.
5. Barakat C, Pearson J, Escalante G, Campbell B, De Souza EO. Body Recomposition: Can Trained Individuals Build Muscle and Lose Fat at the Same Time? Strength & Conditioning Journal. 2020;42(5):7-21.
6. Haun CT, Vann CG, Mobley CB, Roberson PA, Osburn SC, Holmes HM, et al. Effects of Graded Whey Supplementation During Extreme-Volume Resistance Training. Frontiers in Nutrition. 2018;5.
7. Rohrig BJ, Pettitt RW, Pettitt CD, Kanzenbach TL. Psychophysiological Tracking of a Female Physique Competitor through Competition Preparation. International journal of exercise science. 2017;10(2):301-11.
8. Petrizzo J, DiMenna FJ, Martins K, Wygand J, Otto RM. Case Study: The Effect of 32 Weeks of Figure-Contest Preparation on a Self-Proclaimed Drug-Free Female’s Lean Body and Bone Mass. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2017;27(6):543-9.